- read a book and a newspaper from 5:30 a.m. until 8-ish.
- painted the downstairs bathroom after a quick breakfast. (We had a plumbing emergency just before we left town. The repair work, done during our absence, included putting a hole in the wall. The subsequent dry wall patch looked a tad tacky with our dark blue bathroom.)
- ran to the running store.
- walked a few miles to/through the next round of errands.
- mowed the lawn until driven inside by thunder, lightening, and huge downpour
- ran through the rain to the neighborhood park to see if the creek flooded. Did it ever! It had become a roaring river filling up its banks, the creekside bike path, and the tunnels/underpasses beneath the neighborhood streets and bridges. Exciting stuff.
- cleaned the bathroom.
- washed the kitchen floor.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I think my energy stores are on the rebound. The first clue was waking up at midnight and putzing about until almost 4 a.m.. Then: