I don't know what set it off, but my-oh-my I was in a grumpy mood today. I don't like being in a funk, nor do I like being a grump. So, what to do, what to do.
Here's the pjv method for chasing away the blues (today's version):
- Go for a run (what a shocker, eh?!). To break the routine/rut of late (and hopefully break the funk), I went to the track and did some drills and ran some quarters. There's a whole lot of rust that needs to be busted; at least today was a start.
- Go to exercise class for a big dose of sweat, movement, muscle, music, and friendship. It definitely takes one's mind off one's troubles.
- Stay after class with one of your buddies and shoot hoops. Ahhhh, now you're talkin'!
- Run back home (good) and make a hot bowl of soup for a cold almost-winter's day (good) and get interrupted by the painter who's coming to paint your house tomorrow (bad).
- Chow down on luke warm soup and sit down at the computer to work (not helping!).
- Jazz things up by adding some Baileys to that first cup of coffee you're just getting around to drinking. Yeah!
- Go back and forth on whether or not to go to class and decide, yes, it would be good to get out of the house...and yes it was.
- Being the first cold snowy day of the season, put on your spanky (almost) new hat. Now that is what absolutely turned the tide. It's just not possible to wear that hat without smiling.