Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Keeping an eye on the trail


This was my view during the bulk of my run today, eyes glued to the ground before each foot plant. If I wanted to look about at the blue sky, glowing flatirons, snow-capped Longs Peak, tall amber grasses, critters hiding in those tall amber grasses, I came to a full stop then gazed. Why such caution? 16 days ago I hit a patch of black ice while running in the wee hours of the morning and fell hard on my right side. My knee is still cranky, and my upper arm is outright furious. I do not wish to take another tumble. (I usually have one big one each winter, do you suppose I've already reached my quota?!) Today's run up Skunk Creek Trail was pure indulgence...running through the pain in order to revel in the day. Some days just gotta be seized!

No comments: