Sunday, April 06, 2014

Spring Cleaning

Spring cleaning: not just my house, the yard, and my desk and the pile of tax stuff, but the air, the town, the hills, the prairie.  All is sprucing up and coming alive!


We had a spring snowstorm to start off the week.  It also added a bit of character to the land as well as a jolt to start greening things up.



  
As the week and training progressed, I realized that my body also seemed to be taking part in the reawakening going on around us. Hills were successfully tackled on Wednesday, tempo was enthusiastically thrown into the midst of a 12 mile run Saturday (yesterday), and today....ahhhhh....today.... 
Looking toward the flatirons from Enchanted Mesa Trail
The plan was for a long run, easy pace, and to be back in time to go to Captain America with Kendall and Paul.  Two out of three ain't bad!  I meandered and found myself up on the trails....soul cleansing, mind freeing and oh-so-peaceful.  When I realized how long I had been out, and that I'd have to find the shortest, fastest way down to get to the house in time for the movie, I pulled out my phone and called Kendall to tell him I was having a wonderful morning on the trails, was thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet - something that Captain American was just not going to offer - and to go on ahead without me.  I then tucked the phone away, and headed higher up on the trails.  Fabulous!
Spring flowers peeking out along the trail



No comments: