Thursday, September 28, 2017

ALASKA!!!!! Part 5 of 5 Last night on the ship then Juneau

The last night. Oh my... 
Dining crew lines up for introductions and hearty applause. My goodness, they fed us well!

Marty, Cultural Liaison, leads us to the last night's surprise dessert buffet
One last hug from one of our favorite dining crew, Ashley


Polar Plunge Award Ceremony
Yes, I am now a member of the Killer Whale Club!










Where we went and what all we saw!

 The ship docked and it was time to explore Juneau

One more trail - the Gold Creek Flume Trail
I ran, Kendall & Steve walked, and off the trail and into the neighborhood we found the niftiest Little Free Library decorated with bottle caps and dog license tags. And even better: inside there was a Mackinac Island fudge shop mystery book! (Of course I took it - and came back later to replace it with a book I'd brought along on the trip.)


A block from the Little Free Library - the capitol building!

 Juneau is filled with artistic touches
 



Steve attempts to pose for the painting
 Lots of museums too














Of course the basketry interested me - the finest weaving I've ever seen.

Leave it to Kitty to find the fish!














There was much to make us smile

The town is built along a mountain. Deal with it!

 


 ...and there you have it!

Very very happy voyagers!










No comments: