Saturday, February 10, 2018

Working Through It

The grunge is hanging on a bit, but improving. Winter is still here and, well, being wintry. But gosh darn it, I gotta run! For all the same reasons that have always been there: to see the sights, to get out from behind the desk and breath fresh air, to sweat, and for my sanity.



So yesterday, Taz and I ran one of Taz's  favorite places - CU South. It's a former gravel pit now owned by CU, and mostly undeveloped save for CU's cross-country course, a hodgepodge of additional trails and CU's tennis courts. Best of all, dogs can run free. Yesterday happened to be a frosty foggy day....thus the very happy foggy doggy the minute the leash came off!
















Coming into today, running buddy, Connie, and I knew that a change in the weather was moving in on us. Our only concession to the forecast of dropping temperatures and light snow was that we planned to start at a extraordinarily late 8:30. It turns out that the temperature really dropped - reading a mere 11 degrees when I headed out the door, and the light dusting of snow became several inches of snow.  But as I told Connie when she texted at 7:30 to be sure the run was still on: "I'm layering up right now. It should be pretty." And indeed it was - quiet, frosty, and lovely.

...and so we run on...











No comments: