Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Extraordinary!

I must confess, I am not one for repetitiveness. My career was built upon designing and implementing administrative computing applications with a new project every couple of years. My running has always gravitated toward new distances, new sights, new quests. With the stay-at-home orders of the last couple of months, and without the delightful diversions of running companions, the feeling of same-old same-old was beginning to creep into my daily runs even though I've been switching up all of my running routes since, without the normal metropolis hubbub, I've been able to run carefree routes down normally busy roads. To attack the humdrum, I came up with a mini-quest: a tour of the four buffalo statues on the CU campus, with Taz and camera at the ready. We went on that tour yesterday and, oh my goodness, did we ever get a break from the humdrum between buffaloes three and four!

Buffalo One, at the southeast corner of campus:

 Buffalo Two, at the CU Events Center:

Buffalo Three, at the Stadium:

And then our surprise. 
This little critter started following us after we left the stadium and as we circled through the campus to the fourth buffalo. We stopped often, for a good look at each other and for me to take photos. Occasionally when we stopped it would start to move closer to us (from its already close 10-20 yards away). I would say "unh unh" and it would stop. Such an amazing turn of events!












...and on to the fourth buffalo at the Fieldhouse plaza
 Buffalo, Cattle Dog, and Fox all posing patiently for the camera



 Nothing same-old same-old about this run. Extraordinary!

No comments: