Monday, July 03, 2017

Catching up with June - Part 2 (and into July): Return to Petoskey


Having grown up in a small north woods, Great Lakes town, I do find Boulder's 4th of July to be rather boring. This year, I declared we would be spending the 4th in Petoskey. And here we are, having driven to Petoskey from the Ohio trail run (with an excellent stop part-way to visit cousin Kathleen in Ann Arbor). I gotta tell ya', there just isn't anything quite like summer on the northern Great Lakes. Ahhhhhhhhh. Here are a few photos that, perhaps, reveal of bit of the reason for my contentment.

Happy Taz! Ready to pounce at those feisty waves


Stop taking pictures - we gotta get to that water! Woof!
Weehaw! Time to run!!!



I see those ducks....


Happy running!  
At the Petoskey Waterfront - which I pass through almost daily

The (old) PHS track/football stadium

My route from home to the track




 Wildflowers along river and lake






 Sights along the run around the Bay (Petoskey to Harbor Springs)


Top of Michigan Trails Council - my heroes!
 



 Wonderful leisure time
My reading spot the other day
In front of our house - where we take Taz for a stroll many times each day































An All Hands On Deck gathering was held along the Bay by our house in support of the Great Lakes - one of many gatherings in communities along the Great Lakes in both the U.S. and Canada - where all lined the lakes and held hands at 10 a.m., July 3 






Murphey cousins, breaking bread in our now ready-to-be-lived-in Petoskey home


And, of course, the sunsets for which Petoskey/Little Traverse Bay is so famous

Keyakers at sunset












Rock sculpture in the suns





















No comments: