Thursday, April 17, 2008

Transitions

The Rocky Mountain area puts forth a pot pourri of offerings this time of year. Snow storms and sunshine, iced sidewalks and blossoms, 80 degrees and 20 degrees, sunburns and parkas...sometimes all within a 24-hour period.
And so goes life.
I'm not the same person I was a year ago, but I'm a better person for all that transpired over the last year. I have jiggly bits where I used to have muscles...but when I tackle a hill or carry a load, my body still knows how to respond. My runs tend much more toward 30 minutes rather than 30 miles, but when I fatigue I know I can go further...and I do. Frustrations build...but the patience gained from the rhythmic days of meandering through the heartland bubbles up and overcomes. So, no, I may not be the lean mean running machine of last spring and summer, but there is a spring blossom in there that can still poke her head through the snow and brighten the day.

1 comment:

nhinhi said...

Paula, I enjoyed reading your posts on running. I found your blog from another website. you're such an amazing woman and I admire you for that. I recently moved to Denver and love love love it here! I've been thinking about running a 10k, then onto a half marathon. your blog is very inspiring. you bet i'll be keeping up with it. thanks! keep up the good work and the passion! and keep posting, PLEASE!

Nhi