Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Bolder Boulder! Another Road Trip!

Made it through this year's Bolder Boulder 10k in 55:11.  One minute 48 seconds faster than last year.  Sixth in my age group (60-year-old women) just like last year.  However, if I had run last year's time this year, I would have only placed tenth in my age.  Four of the five ahead of me this year were also ahead of me last year but those breathing down my heels were new to the list.  I'd best keep training hard if I want to keep placing high, eh?!

Now that the racing festivities are over, it's road trip time!  Tomorrow morning the VaughanMiller family (including the pup) climb in the van and head for Michigan.  Weehaww!  Given all the bodies, luggage, backpacks, and distractions I feel rather like the Beverly Hillbillies.  I wonder what we'll all be humming as we head out of town!

[Note: We are driving, not running, to Michigan this year.  Methinks, however, a lot of running will be involved to help Mister Taz burn off his cattle dog puppy energy.  A lot of running.  Often.]


First state crossing on the road to Michigan from Colorado.


No comments: