Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bolder Boulder Eve

Just how fast will I be able to run the 34th annual Bolder Boulder 10k after 3 months of huge base building followed by 2 months of 10k-specific training?  By 8:30 a.m. tomorrow, the answer should be revealed!  And by noon tomorrow, roughly 50,000 people will know how quickly they can cover 10 kilometers through run-crazy Boulder.

Twenty-seven years ago, the Bolder Boulder was not yet the behemoth event that it is today with just 16,826 finishers (only 5,570 women) in 1985.  I was one of those runners, pushing four-month old Devon in his first Bolder Boulder (rules were looser in those days).  We covered the course in 55:49 by my watch - a time I would be quite pleased with tomorrow ...after months of hard training vs. 9 months of pregnancy followed by recovery from c-section...  Ah the joys of aging!




Photo: Paula with pigtails flying, Devon in stroller,
brother-in-law Andy running on my shoulder.

No comments: