Saturday, June 01, 2013

What a bit of racing will do for ya'


I much prefer training over racing...I simply love to run...
However, during today's training session, the benefits of the occasional race were made clear. 

My running buddy, Connie, is building off of her Bolder Boulder training and race in preparation for running the Steamboat Classic in Peoria, Illinois where she will be visiting her son and his family in a couple of weeks.  Thus we met up for a bit of speed work on the trails this morning.  Having had that recent 6.2 miles of racing ingrained in my muscles and brain just five days ago really seemed to make a difference!  My body and brain both knew just what to do when we took off on our repeats at 5k and 10k pace.  Not only were body and brain able to tackle it, they were ready and raring to take on the challenge.  Way fun!  I should oughta remember this the next time I'm waffling over a race entry form...



1985 Bolder Boulder - 4-mo-old Devon in baby jogger, bro-in-law Andy on my left shoulder - back in the days I raced a little more often

No comments: