Sunday, August 17, 2014

Poking around

I sure did wake up excited today! I had laid out a route for my long run that took me to paths and trails I had never seen before.  My kind of day!


The first hour or so was on a road I've often run: concrete, cars whizzing past, and a lot of uphill.  Ah well, one must work for one's reward, eh?  Upon reaching the top of the last hill on this road I kept a sharp eye peeled to the north where what looked like a bike path on gmap pedometer was supposed to appear.  Sure enough, there it was!  And a most excellent path it was: a) it got me away from traffic whoohoo!; b) it put me behind houses and pointed out towards a view of the plains and foothills I'd never seen before; c) it took me right to a most luxurious portapot which I desperately needed having drunk loads of liquids yesterday in prep for the run; and d) it brought me around to a view of the eastern horizon where seven hot air balloons were floating along.  Splendid!

Eventually it turned out that the path I had planned to follow was actually a railroad track so there was much zigzagging, backtracking, coming out onto main roads, and more zigzagging before I got back over to the planned route - but even that showed me new neighborhoods, soft running paths, and quiet streets I'd never had the privilege to run before.  All in all, a lovely run!




No comments: