Monday, June 01, 2015


 


Me, Connie & Anita - post Bolder Boulder and all smiles
Summer is nigh and another Bolder Boulder is in the books. As mentioned in my last post, my stretch goal was to match my 1985 Bolder Boulder time when I pushed then 4-month-old Devon in a baby jogger and covered the course in 55:49. A stretch goal, indeed. I did not meet it in this year's Bolder Boulder, missing it by a minute-ten.  Disappointed? Yes, a bit. However! I did beat last year's time by 1:47, running this 2015 edition in 56:49. The best part? A spring of training with fantastic running buddies and a stadium full of smiles afterward.









The other best part? Now I get to run for fun - my most favorite kind of running!
Trotting through the quiet of country roads, exploring trails, dancing amongst the wildflowers, wandering hither & thither around town, delighting at critters, winding through neighborhoods, following bird songs, 
just .....running.

This past Saturday the gang and I ran on an east-Boulder trail with
spectacular views of the Continental Divide. 
This upcoming weekend, I'll be running on one of my most favorite trails along the shore of Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay. 
We runners...we are lucky people...



No comments: