Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Trail Quest - State #50! COLORADO!!!

From the beginning of this trail quest, I had planned on saving Colorado for last - and what a fun grand finale' it proved to be! Running buddies, family, and friends all wanted to join in on the celebration of the completion of the quest. We rendezvoused at brother-in-law Andy's home in Fraser, crossed the street and there was the Fraser River Trail just waiting for us on a spectacularly beautiful Colorado day. Photos by various folks do a marvelous job of capturing the joy of the day.


Just a bit excited as we prepare to head to the mountains. Thankfully, Paul is a good sport!

The gang's all here (at Andy's house in Fraser).



And a few moments later...  Trail ho!!!! 

Yep! The Fraser River Trail!



A gorgeous Colorado day and trail run.

Taz approves of the day's events. He has been along for 23 of the states of this trail quest. This one, with a short drive, lots of friends, and cool crisp Colorado air is mighty fine as far as this pup is concerned.


Speaking of being along for the adventure - brother-in-law, Andy, has been a part of each of my big running adventures. He crewed on the second day of my run to Michigan (while Kendall was still working), he cycled alongside every step of the way of my 60k for my 60th birthday and he was trail guide and host with the mostest for this Trail Quest Grand Finale'. Thank you Andy Miller!


And thank heavens for running buddies - those who drag themselves out of bed at oh-dark-thirty to run at a time that fits my schedule, offer encouragement, and cheer me on every step of the way. I was delighted that Anita, Connie & Randall were able to join me on the Colorado run and am so very thankful for all the other running buddies who have put up with me!

And so there you have it, #50 is in the log!

But there would not have been a number 50 - or 01-49 (plus D.C.) - or a run from Boulder to Petoskey, or a 60k 60th birthday run, or many a run to and through the hinterlands while traveling and training if not for Mister Kendall.  I am so very lucky to have you in my life.


No comments: