Thursday, April 02, 2020

Brrrrrr diddy diddy

I absolutely love running in snowstorms - perhaps a reflection of my youthful days in northern lower Michigan. And I rather enjoy running in rain - perhaps because we don't get rain all that often here in Colorado and a good rain is quite a treat in this high desert prairie land. But today's 30-degree frozen mist certainly does not make it onto my hit parade of weather favorites. No thank you. Bone-chilling cold and wet, with just enough of a breeze to make it even bone-chillinger/colder/wetter, and ice forming over everything: grass, branches, jackets, leashes and puppy dogs.

Mister Taz was at the ready when he saw me getting my running gear on, and he trotted purposefully alongside me through the run. But he most definitely did not protest when I turned toward home just a few miles into the run. Nope, not my most favorite running weather. No siree.

No comments: