Wednesday, October 28, 2009

First big snow of the season!





The weather folk were pretty sure it was going to snow but waffled on amounts - saying anything from 2 to 18 inches. It turns out the snow started a few hours earlier than expected, tapered off a bit around dawn, then picked up speed mid-day. So far, I'd say we have about a foot at our house and it's still snowing!

As luck would have it, I had a doctor's appointment scheduled today that was located about 5 miles by bike path from my house; luckier still, Boulder does a good job of plowing bike paths during snow storms. So! Off into the fluffy blowing flakes I went! Quite a lovely run actually. The return trip I decided to do as a combo run-bus-run affair which was not nearly as pleasant as the outbound trip. As is usually the case, those big roadside piles of snow turned into rivers of ice, many of which were just too wide to avoid as I made my way to and from the bus. Ah well, plenty of dry socks awaited me once I bounded through the snow banks and into our front door. Sspeaking of bounding, ol' Jester dog may have just celebrated his 12th birthday, but he is still does a fine job of bounding through snow. He's quite certain snow is a whole lot of fun falling from the sky!


No comments: