Monday, January 16, 2012

Volunteer day and pondering the week

Mister Kendall, Creekside Elementary Librarian

Being Martin Luther King day, I spent a large chunk of the day volunteering - first at Audio Information Network of Colorado (where I volunteer every Monday morning), then at Kendall's library at Creekside Elementary shelving and rearranging books. With no kids at school today, we could just turn up the tunes and rock on with the literature. Very pleasant. (But dirty - spend a few hours shelving library books then look at your hands. Yikes!)

When not reading or shelving, I was cogitating on my week's running schedule. Good lord Mildred what have I gotten myself into?! This is the third week in my four week cycle where the first three weeks of the cycle build up, then the fourth week backs off a bit. Here's what is on the schedule for the week (gulp):
  • Monday (today), 8-9 easy miles running to/fro AINC
  • Tuesday, 7 miles including hill drills (high knees, skip, bound x3 each) followed by exercise class followed by 2 mile easy run back home
  • Wednesday, 15 mile run
  • Thursday, 6 miles rolling hills followed by exercise class followed by 2 mile easy run home
  • Friday, 5 easy miles
  • Saturday, 20 miles
  • Sunday, 10 miles

It's possible I'll move Saturday's workout to Friday and Sunday's to Saturday and run short/easy on Sunday in order to better coordinate a run with my usual Saturday running gang. Regardless, the 15-mile mid-week run + back-to-back 20-miler/10-miler has me nervous. But I figure it'll show me if I have what it takes to get ready for my March 20th 60k!


No comments: