Monday, April 06, 2020

A pretty darned good day


Norlin Library, University of Colorado
 This day of living within COVID-19 rules turned out to be pretty A-OK.  I started the day at a leisurely pace, finishing yesterday's paper over a hot cup of coffee. Next up - I actually got to talk to my brother on the phone (a rarity since he is hard of hearing).  Switching from leisurely to energized, I "Zoomed" in to an exercise class hosted by our favorite exercise teacher. That got me good and warmed up so I then leashed up Taz and headed off (in shorts!) for an exploratory run of the CU campus - an extraordinarily quiet campus on this April 6th which should have been the exciting brim-full-of-people first day of the Conference on World Affairs. Instead of running into a mass of humanity, Taz and I crossed paths with maybe 20 people during our half-hour or so of touring campus. I've always considered Christmas week to be the quiet time on campus - that's not even close to what it's like these days. 

Norlin Quad. Population: 1 cattle dog

The walkway to Macky Auditorium which should have been lined with flags and filled with folks
on this first day of the Conference on World Affairs
A statue, blooming spring flowers, and no people at the UMC fountain
















Then! Bonus time! This afternoon, Kendall casually mentioned he had pumped up the basketball. WEEEEHAWWWWW!!!!! Sure cure for any creeping doldrums. Out to the driveway I ran, soon joined by Mister Kendall. Shootin' hoops. No better way to spend a sunny afternoon during a "stay at home" order!

 


No comments: