Saturday, January 23, 2021

Switching it up a bit

Having run my repertoire of routes many hundreds of times from home - and with very few opportunities to explore new and exciting running venues over the past 10 months - conjuring up enthusiasm to run Route ABC hundreds-and-one more times has become a bit of a challenge. But today I had a radical idea! Why not take my multi-path big loop and turn it on its head and run it clockwise rather than counter clockwise?! It would be a first! 

So off I went and, instead of running South Boulder Creek - Bobolink - Centennial - Bear Creek, I ran Bear Creek - Centennial - Bobolink - South Boulder Creek. Amazing! Along the way I was treated to river cows lapping up ice water, brightly colored tree balls, elusive barn cats, and exploding creek crystals. 

Most importantly, I gained a fresh perspective in familiar environs. Highly recommended!






No comments: