Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Exercise Zoom

We have been very lucky to have an exercise teacher who became quite antsy after all indoor classes were cancelled last spring and, to subdue her antsy-ness, started offering her exercise class 5 days per week via zoom. Being a decades-long runner who has done very little else for fitness, every non-leg part of my body has been extremely grateful for this exercise class. And it turns out Mister Taz is also quite interested in the class!
 
Some days he is a bit slow to get enthused, but keeps a sharp eye out to make sure I'm setting everything up properly.

On many an occasion, he wants to show me just how to perform the exercise. For example:
 
A side plank demo:
 
 
Or carefully studying my form to make sure I'm really squeezing when we're working with a "squeezy thing":

Or dropping to a proper sit when he hears J announce a four-minute wall sit:
 


Then again, sometimes he wants to help with that wall sit:

And there are those Very Exciting exercises - like when I'm doing jumping jacks and he is begging to join in.
 
 
On extra special days he decides I must have a bath now when I jump into the exercise class straight from a run.

 

Then there are days like today. He was fresh off an hour-long leash-free romp with Paul's much younger pup, Barley, and I was fresh off a 10-mile hill and trail run. He picked his form of exercise and I had to work hard to convince myself to stick with the class rather than join him in his style of High Intensity Interval Training.  He's such a smart dog.

 


No comments: