Wednesday, March 16, 2022

...and in other news...

 Although the 70 in 70 quest has taken a lot of our attention, we have had other diversions.

For example: my favorite running watch (an old fashioned Ironman Timex) has lost its beep and the wristband is starting to wear out - so I went looking for a replacement. They're getting a bit difficult to find and I ended up ordering one through Amazon (something I don't often do). Lo and behold, it turns out it's possessed! A few weeks ago, it decided to reset itself to 12 a.m. January 1. A week or so ago, as I slept, it unfastened itself from my wrist and hid in the bedclothes. At that point I stopped wearing it for fear of what its powers might do to me, then when I took its picture today I discovered that it has decided that today, March 16, is a Sunday! What the?!?!?!?


 

Switching from creepy news to way fun news, my women's running gang came over for a spring tea earlier this month. So very fun! The opportunities for all five of us to be together are few and far between these days and it is a monumental occasion when we're all dressed up and can sit down and chat! (In the photo, I am holding a puzzle card that Anita made for me. Of course we had to put it together as soon as I opened the envelope with the 70 pieces inside!)


In running news, I got a wild hair to run 70 miles this week leading up to the first day of Spring. I believe the last time I tried such a thing was 7 years ago when I decided to run 63 miles leading up to the first day of Spring. I - and my creeky body - fully acknowledge that a chunk of age has crept up on me since that time, but then I realized that in 7 years, Mister Taz has really aged. He was all gung ho raring to go and ready to go further back in 2015 when I did this. He's still raring to go, but definitely quite interested in many a sniff or pee break along the way. That's o.k., I'm always ready for a savor the scenery or photo op break these days. The photos below are from Monday's first run (we logged 6 miles for the first run then 4.5 for a second run); since then I've gone without Taz because of the distance of each run (11 yesterday, 11.85 today).  Snow is predicted for overnight; Taz will definitely be going out with me tomorrow for some fresh snow fun.


My latest favorite Taz photo ... the silhouette that always makes me smile!


No comments: