Saturday, March 24, 2012

Accepting inspiration from all corners

A long-time running buddy was waiting for me 50 kilometers into my 60 kilometer run. We all admired the bird houses along the road there (made out of a variety of objects: lunch box, ski boot, canteen, hard hat...) and as I turned to continue my run, Cathy shouted out something along the lines of "your body is ready, use your mind." She was absolutely right! At that point, my body was going to do whatever it was told and my mind was in an uproar. It was time to think positively, gather all good thoughts, and bound gaily forward.

One kilometer later, at the Bobolink trailhead where AndyE waited patiently with much-appreciated food and drink, I spotted this bumper sticker which put the icing on the cake. This 60-year-old dragon was ready to vanquish the demons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless. Only in Boulder.

Deb