Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Enjoying the Arts

Oh so many artistic delights yesterday, starting with a run to - and perambulation through - the North Central Michigan College sculpture garden. Pieces have been donated through the years by local philanthropist, Jack Harris, and the garden is always worth a visit.




The afternoon's art involved picking up the sign for my folks' old shop, The Basket Shop, from the woman who bought the shop from my folks and who recently sold it to a couple who turned the shop into something other than a basket shop. I was thrilled to have learned that the sign still exists - having been made for my folks in 1961 by John Duvernay (classmate Wendy's dad and whose family welcomed us to town with open arms) - and am extremely thankful that Audrey was willing to give it to me.

August 1, 2007: son, Paul, and I running past the shop
on the way to the finish line of my run from Boulder to Petoskey


June 18, 2018: touching up the paint on The Basket Shop sign,

And the evening of arts is thanks to a Great Lake...


No comments: