Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunrise Run

A seemingly lifetime ago (well, February-ish) running buddies and I thought we'd be celebrating my birthday by running a virtual Hot Chocolate 15k. First, Mother Nature intervened with 8 inches or so of very wet heavy spring snow on my birthday day making the thought of 15 snow-clogged trail kilometers rather unappealing. Then COVID-19 intervened outlawing group runs. Ah well. As an old friend used to say when things were looking grim: "The sun still comes up in the east" - and I decided to take full advantage of that today with a sunrise run on the trail we had planned for the birthday 15k. It was glorious - a beautiful sunrise, peaceful run, brilliantly clear sky - so clear the Continental Divide sparkled and Pikes Peak, 100+ miles away, was even visible!

Ready to run! Taz ran 2 of the 3.1-mile loops with me.

Sunrise during loop 1

Sun is up for loop 2

No 2-legged running buddies today but my 4-legged running buddy was good company!

Taz spots Kendall. Sprint time!

Turns out Connie also came out to run!  And get a donut treat (waiting for her on the bench - thanks Kendall!)

No comments: