Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bolder Boulder season has begun!

Chalked-in start line for our 3-mile time trial
 
Spring may not arrive until tomorrow, but our 10-week training plan for the Bolder Boulder kicked off today with a 3-mile time trial.  The neighborhood next to mine has proven to be a perfect area for measured speed work and I've got courses measured out for a plethora of interval distance combinations - including today's 3-mile loop.

My expectations for today's time trial were not lofty.  After a winter filled with 12-minute-per-mile slogs, I very much hoped I could somehow manage pull out a 3-mile run at something quicker than 11 minute pace.  Imagine my surprise when each of my miles were in the 9's with the total for the 3 miles coming in at 28:12, which even included a lap (the 2nd mile) with Taz when Kendall and Taz surprised us on the course.

'Tis definitely time to step up the training!

Taz - definitely up for some speed work!


 

No comments: