Sunday, March 16, 2014

Feeling Spring-ish!

Spring, 1990 with wee Paul and young Devon

Spring may not happen for a few more days, but there most certainly was spring in the air to accompany a spring in my step this morning!  Today's run felt better than any run has for months.

Could it be that I am finally turning the corner after sooo many frustrating months of inconsistent training due to disruptions of every hue?  I sure hope so!  I am more than ready to be a happy runner again.  And happy I was today!  I ran the entire 2 hours and 27 minutes with a huge silly grin on my face, admiring the blue sky, the first meadowlarks of the season, watchful llamas and sheep, honking geese, soaring hawks, grazing bulls, snow-covered peaks ...not to mention the extra bonus of the delightful company of running buddies Connie and Anita for the last hour of the run.  What a morning!

Icing on the cake: today's run followed an almost 2-hour run yesterday - yet my stride today was smooth, my push-off was strong, the tempo steady, and my muscles and joints were cranky-free. What a day! What a run!

There was a quote in the paper this week:
"The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done." (~Arnold Palmer)
It wasn't all that long ago that I was doing things that I, myself, never considered couldn't be done, but many around me thought I was nuts for even trying.  Today's run has me thinking that could be my reality once again.  Whoohoo!



No comments: