And some good stuff happened today that definitely helped with the nerves.
- Magic Fingers Beggsy worked all the travel kinks out of my back. Whew!
- Long-time running buddy Patti dropped off a card with a great picture of Rosie the Riveter and "We Can Do It" emblazoned across the front. I think that's going to have to go in one of the motorhome windows.
- Brother-in-law and his wife surprised me with a visit and we had a delightful dinner together....the first time in a long time the VaughanMiller family has gathered around the dining room table. Yay the boys are home!
- Speaking of dinner, my family cooked up two kinds of pasta and three kinds of sauces to serve along with a big salad, watermelon and fresh cherries. They were so proud of their delectable pre-run feast creations - and I was so very honored.
- Patti called this evening to check in (I wasn't home when she came by with the card) and her husband, Rich (also a long-time friend as well as a coach and the president of the Boulder Road Runners), asked in the background if I wanted him to drop off some starting blocks in the morning. I said sure - along with a jet pack!