Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cannon Falls - to - WISCONSIN!

A quick post 'cuz today is turning out to be a very busy day off in Red Wing Minnesota: laundry, lunch & visit with friends from Boulder (complete with care packages, news from home and great conversation YAY), a movie, shopping, a visit with a friend/former co-worker - yep yep busy busy!

If you ever happen to find yourself in the Cannon Falls-Red Wing area of Minnesota, I highly recommend the Cannon Valley Trail - the loveliest trail of the trip so far: a canopy of trees, the air filled with birdsong, wildflowers galore, a doe and two fawns, the cry of the eagle (and an eagle's nest), the river meandering nearby. A great day of running to finish off my running week.

And! The yesterday culminated with a zigzag through Red Wing to the bridge over the Mississippi River and on into WISCONSIN! I must confess to being a bit numb by the time I got to the land of cheese curds and brats, but a brief rainstorm invigorated me, and the rainbows that filled the sky overhead as I finished my last six miles of the day/week added a smile to the early evening.

No comments: