Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why I run

A local marathon has been advertising a "Why I Run" promotion. Such a question typically leads to a myriad of responses. Today I woke up in a funk. Perhaps the combo of no-big-goal and too-much-routine were wearing on me. Who knows. But rather than trot off to my Thursday morning exercise class, once I laced up my shoes and headed out the door I found myself pointed toward the trails. Up hills, through woods, over rocks, along babbling brooks, spring flower-dappled meadows at my side, blue sky above, air filled with bird song, and funk nowhere to be found.
This
is why I run:

2 comments:

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

That's a great reason . . . and some very well-taken photos.

Anonymous said...

Well, then, I don't think that that's a good reason - because you can see a lot, lot more of the out of doors by WALKING than you can by RUNNING.

Simple math and physic, PJ :)

....oh, no - I have no idea why *I* run. I can't even come up with an excuse :)