Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The day I became a mom

Devon Andrew VaughanMiller, the one who bestowed upon me the honored title of "Mom" on this day 24 years ago.
The fella whose presence brings a light within me that glows from the tips of my toes to the frizzes of my hair.
The first of the VaughanMillers and who welcomed his little brother, the second VaughanMiller, as his new, and life-long, best friend.
The little tyke who would strike up a conversation with anybody about anything because he just so loved the new and different.
The young man who said this a week before my run to Michigan was to begin: "I believe in you, mom. You can somehow always believe in me, especially when I don't, now it is my turn to push you. ... You can do this. I know it, because you're a Vaughan, and, more importantly, my mom!"

Well, Devon, I have always and will always believe in you. You have a heart of gold and a soul of sunshine. Spread it 'round the world this new year!


Happy Birthday Devon!

No comments: