Friday, March 20, 2009

The First Day of Spring

I must confess, I am quite fond of the first day of spring. Rejuvenation abounds. And...it's my birthday!

Each year I thank my mom for giving me such a glorious birthday day. Even the blizzardy years. Or the gray years. Or, like today, the years when spring fills the air.




The first day of spring of 2009 has been mighty fine.
Not only has the day been filled with running, and yummy eating, and driveway basketball with my son, and flowers blooming, and vultures hovering overhead (o.k., that was a bit odd) - but also...bonus!
Kendall's school had a concert today to celebrate the completion of their readathon. Paul and I meandered over to listen in - and, I gotta tell ya', put my husband up on a stage and hand him a microphone and he can really belt out a tune! The guy is a rock star! Now that is one fine way to celebrate a birthday!

No comments: