Monday, October 29, 2007

More than speed

Having not yet brought our Quicken records up to date with our charge card activity from the trip, and seeing the piles get bigger and bigger, I finally forced myself to forego outside time in the glorious fall weather and, instead, sit at the computer and enter all the receipts. I was astounded by how quickly I could travel across the country via financial transactions. With a few minutes of key-tapping, I went from the Buffalo Hills Campground in Sterling, Colorado to the Fiesta Mexicana restaurant in Red Wing, Minnesota...a thirty-day journey this summer.

I'm glad today's typing went that quickly - but I'm also very very happy with the leisurely pace of the trip and the opportunity it gave me to revel in the sights, sounds, and smells of the heartland. As Ghandi said: "There's more to life than increasing its speed."

'Tis a lesson well-learned. Today's picture was taken during this morning's run when I paused to marvel at this wasp's nest amidst the fall colors. Pausing, marveling....good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is much easier and quicker to download your credit card bills into quicken - rather than type them in - also saves time and lets you get outside when the weather is so nice.