Monday, March 16, 2015

Daydreaming

That was me today - daydreamer - at least for a while on my way back home from my volunteer job, a run I've done almost every Monday since the fall of 2007. There I was, cruising along when it dawned on me that I was approaching a golf course. Say wha'?! Shouldn't have been there!  I corrected course and began meandering back toward home, a tad more alert. 

A good thing too! First I spotted a hawk, then I heard the hawk and turned to get another look at it when I discovered it was two hawks swooping through the sky - toward a tree where, amidst a flurry of feathers appeared a third hawk. What a sight!

Then, within a half mile or so I spotted a deer with a beautiful set of antlers nibbling away at its breakfast on a neighborhood lawn. So glad the daydreamer's fog had moved on.  And as a bonus, when I turned away from the deer, I noticed - for the first time after 100s of times down this road - a little sculpture tucked in the bushes.  Yep! A good time to be awake!

Those daydreamy, eventually wakeful miles have now brought me to 34 miles on my way to my 63-miles-by-the-first-day-of-spring goal. Four days to go!



No comments: