Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The working retiree. Ha!

Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to add a job on top of my retirement schedule???
Oh yeah, look in the mirror.  Silly me!

A little while back, I agreed to help out with a special project at my old department at CU.  It is a really great project and I'm delighted to be involved with it. It's the whole keeping up with the job plus keeping up with the retirement activities plus keeping up with life equation that is presenting a challenge.  But we shall just keep on keeping up until we can keep on no more!

Today, the keeping up with the retirement activities was especially rewarding. One of the retirement gifts I have given myself is to wait to go out for my run until it is light out (as opposed to my working days, leave-the-house-for-my-run-at-4:45-a.m. routine).  Wanting a bit of a hill workout, I first ran to Boomerang Hill behind NIST which was beautiful but tough running as there was no good track to follow. So from the big curve in Boomerang I ran to Skunk Creek.






Beautiful, simply beautiful.  A grand way to start my work day!



No comments: