Friday, February 07, 2020

Errand Run


Typically, when I run errands, I literally run errands. Today's errand run took place during another snowstorm which meant choosing my route carefully. Main streets are plowed but too busy to run on. Sidewalks along the main streets get all the snow that the plows kick up and are only sporadically shoveled. So off to the quieter neighborhood streets I went, taking a winding route to my errands.  Since I've run a mile or 2 or 20,000 in Boulder, and since I love exploring, I'm pretty familiar with the side streets around town. I have a favorite when I'm avoiding one particular busy north/south street - it has a bit of a curve and goes past a tucked away park with a creek running through it. Every time I go past that park I think how nifty it would be if there were to be a bridge over the creek with a path that would take you along the opposite bank. Lo and behold! Today I discovered a bridge and path were there!  A day with a new trail! My favorite kind of day!

No comments: