Thursday, September 07, 2006

Socializing on the trail

After yesterday's hill repeats followed by BCOR's hammies & glutes session, I decided a soft, flat run was in order for today. So! Out to one of the best soft, flat trails around: South Boulder Creek/Bobolink. I headed out just as the sun was rising - almost the same size, same roundness, same location, and just a bit redder than last night's moon. Gorgeous! A couple of miles of running got me to the trail head and on to basking in the luxury of the soft dirt, downhill-ish surface. A mile or so into the trail, there come Patti & Sally doing their Boulder Road Runner workout. I change directions and run with them on their out/back portion of the trail for a bit of chatting before we split ways (them to the west, wrapping up their run; me to the east to follow the trail east and north and log some more miles). After but a few moments, I spot AndyE, one of my regular Saturday ("Satboy") running partners. He's almost to the end of the 'out' portion of his out/back route so I turn and run with him to his turnaround point then we run together all the way back to his house, leaving me with just a few miles of solo running before arriving back home. What a grand way to start the day! What a grand running town!

No comments: