Monday, April 23, 2007

The people...

Today, while sitting in my ice bath, Elton John's "Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters" was playing on the radio. When he sang out "I thank the Lord for the people I have found" I was humbled - realizing I would be nothing if not for the people who have been part of my life.
  • My folks who gave me all the ingredients (genetics and nurturing) to become the person I am today.
  • My college buddies (one of whom was a huge Elton John fan which is why I even slowed my brain down enough today to listen to this song) who helped this small town girl to spread her wings and fly.
  • My husband and his family who have always always cheered me on in my endeavors.
  • My grad school buddies who helped me hone my balancing act of seriousness and fun.
  • My first "career" boss who guided me into the professional world while allowing me to remain true to myself.
  • My coworkers who helped me achieve what modicum of success I had during my career.
  • And the whole host of running buddies and friends who are helping me today to achieve this dream of mine.
Thank you all.

No comments: