Monday, April 09, 2007

SHARE the road

Boulder is typically a very runner-friendly town. Even still, I'm quite cautious on the road. And even with that, today I got a rude awakening...there, apparently, are morons everywhere.

I was running north, facing traffic, on a fairly wide, low-traffic street. I was approaching a curve in the road and heard a vehicle approaching from the north. It came into view on the curve, traveling pretty fast, straddling the center line. As it straightened out, facing me, it slowed down and moved over right next to the curb (the curb I was running next to). It was so close to the curb, I thought it was going to... park? No. Turn into a driveway just in front of me? No. Instead, it kept coming directly toward me, the driver looking straight into my eyes. I jumped out of the street, stretched my arms wide and said "What the h@*ll?!" - and the driver just continued to stare right at me as he drove on by, picking up speed. Now if I could just remember to check license plates when something like that happens.

In the meantime, I get to run 1435 miles across the country with drivers like that on the road?! Holy smokes!

No comments: