Monday, September 11, 2006

Diddling around

This was sort of a diddly day. I started off by running to my old office with the cake I baked yesterday. (Yes, if wrapped properly, one can run with a cake. It helps that it was a bundt cake; a layer cake would have been much sloppier. One must just lock one's arm in place, elbow bent, cake dangling in a bag from one's fist, then run verrry smoothly. I do believe I have BCOR to thank for the arm strength that allowed me to go 2 miles with the cake, switching between arms but a few times.)

I came home winding through neighborhoods, then spent most of the rest of the day just diddling around. This diddling must stop. I simply must get up my nerve and start writing letters to potential sponsors. When I write, I tend to let the idea, plot, words, nuance... all simmer together in my brain until a lovely little ditty bursts forth. Well, the ditties don't appear to be bursting; it's time to force the issue.

Although the day was rather ho-hum, the evening was fruitful. A thunderstorm rolled through and just as it calmed down, it was time to run to BCOR where we gave our glutes and quads a dandy workout, wrapping that up just as another storm was beginning to move in. I actually took a ride home tonight, being a lightning wimp. Now it's time to enjoy the post-exercise buzz and some more of Kendall's green chili.

No comments: