Thursday, September 21, 2006

Of mouse and woman

My previously-mentioned crankiness continued today, easily attributed to reduced running mileage (planned as part of my 4-week training cycle) and one-week between-sessions BCOR break, compounded with rainy weather which had been predicted so I'd saved up all my indoor chores for today and tomorrow but last night I discovered a mouse in the house.

A mouse in the house? I do not share my house with a mouse. One must leave the house, me or the mouse. So out of the house, me or the mouse? Not knowing how to roust the mouse, I left the house today I dost.

First departure: to run. ahhh....to run. For over an hour. It was lovely. I came back a much happier human.
Second departure: to help out my husband in his school library, labeling and shelving books. Bonus: his school is at the harvesting end of their "garden to table" project and the school cook happens to be a gourmet chef. Said chef invited me to partake of lunch there today: pasta with spinach pesto (fresh picked sparkly clean spinach from the school garden) and caesar salad.
Third departure: yet to happen. My current layover at home (sending my dog ahead of me wherever I go in the house, making lots of noise) has included cold-fighting activities (downing some EmergenC, drinking a cup of echinacea tea), doing a cold water wash (clothes for Sunday's marathon), checking email, IM'ing with my younger son, and this blog entry. Next I'll pack up some of the paperwork I was going to do today, a book, some other reading from my 'pile,' and head off to the library. So far, the mouse is winning!

No comments: