Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A little of this, a little of that

This appears to be the week of 'littles.' It's my cut-back week in my 4-week training cycle so I'm only supposed to do a 'little' mileage. It's also a week's break between BCOR sessions, so I'm only doing a 'little' ab/glute/arm work (whenever I'm feeling a 'little' inspired). I'm also feeling a 'little' bit like I'm coming down with a cold so I've been doing the rest, oj, vitamin C, zinc thing. All together, I'm getting a 'little' cranky with all this inactivity.

So! Today I went out for some running in the sunshine around CU's cross-country course with Jester dog. Sweating out the cold felt mighty fine. Then I got the urge to tackle our lawn conundrum. The grass is getting too long, but we can't really mow it because so many apples have blown down from our apple tree, but it's difficult to pick up all the apples cuz the grass is so long. Today I took on the apples. After a whole lot of raking I then brought out the snow shovel and wheelbarrow. With rake in one hand scooping onto the shovel I then lifted shovel-fulls of apples single-armed up into the wheelbarrow (thank you BCOR!). Five wheelbarrow-fulls later, we now have an apple-free yard and I did some more sweating out of the cold. (btw: we have been eating the apples as well. I'm a big fan of apple crisp and they're decent apples for crisps. I'm toying with the idea of trying to make apple butter. Other suggestions are welcome!)

No comments: