Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Running as a yardstick

so...I knew my back was sore, my hip was sore, my head was achey, but it was going to take a run to really know how things stood after toppling off my bicyle yesterday. I was a bit nervous about the impending litmus test so I dilly dallied around the house all morning. I've just returned and the results show:
- left hip yells 'youch' each time my left foot hits the ground. And it's not really the hip; it's a wee bit lower and further back. On my right side, that part of my hip/glute sort of caves in; on my left side, there's a lump there.
- head got more achey, I think in part because my neck and back are so tight. I'm thinking I might have given myself whiplash (generous person that I am) when I bounced after hitting on my hip and then landing back down on my back and back of my head/helmet.
- stomach chimed in with some squirreliness; pr'y a combination of the owie hip, headache, and angst over the whole situation.

Impact so far on training:
- yesterday was supposed to be 16-17 miles but was only 11 because I wasn't able to go for a second run.
- today's early run was supposed to be 2.5 hours but was only 20 minutes (just long enough to run to the post office and back).
- today was supposed to be a 2-run day (morning then to/from BCOR tonight). There will be no run to BCOR tonight.
- no BCOR for two days in a row now, missing upper body work last night and cardio tonight. I did have the pleasure of a lower body quads/glutes/hammies BCOR workout on Monday the day after the marathon - that should have offered enough pleasure to last a while ;-)
- this week was supposed to be mid-to-upper 70 miles but is looking rather pathetic at the moment. grrrrr.

No comments: