Saturday, August 05, 2006

blinky light time

Today being Saturday, it was a "satboys" long run day. The guys were talking 75 minutes, starting at 7 a.m. So....seeing as how I was going for something more in the 3-hour range, I headed out at 5 a.m. We must be in the waning days of summer cuz it was dark out there! Time to take the blinky lights off the shelf and put them on the water belt so cars would see me coming & going. Sigh.... I do love to go for those early morning runs where the sun is just beginning to peep up over the horizon to the east with a slow glow growing on the flatirons to the west. To have those early runs starting in the dark already...my, how seasons do fly. Nonetheless, I was treated to a lovely sunrise filled with puffy rose-colored clouds, little traffic, quiet trails - then a most enjoyable 75 banter-filled minutes with the satboys gang. A grand start to the weekend!

No comments: