Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quad busting

Yesterday's three-mile hill and trail extravaganza followed that evening by Boot Camp's glutes, quads and hammies workout turned me into a wimpering pile of protoplasm. I definitely have some toughening up to do!

With that in mind, I joined in on the Boulder Road Runner's Tuesday workout today. 20 minute run there, warm up with Patti, then she and I tackled a 4x 5minute/2 minute workout together. The quads started singing with the soprano chorus on the 3rd 5-minute interval, but held their own through the full set of four and ~20 minute warmdown. All in all, a very fine session.

Seeing as how we hit the road again on Thursday (to take elder son, Devon, to Knox College), I'm going to try to fit in a long run tomorrow morning with, hopefully, enough time to recover and be ready for Boot Camp's abs and arms workout tomorrow night. WeeeHaww!

No comments: