Wednesday, August 16, 2006

warm run, warm stories

It's a warmish day today. My first clue was when I started to overheat early in my run even tho' I was wearing my usual early morning running attire (white t-shirt, shorts). Of course, the fact that today's 'early morning' was 9 a.m. vs. my more typical 5-6 a.m. might have made a difference ;-) But this morning I treated myself to one of my favorite luxuries: reading in bed upon awakening. I'm a reader of mysteries. However, my last mystery was rather dark, then the family rented "V for Vendetta", and I've got friends going through tough times so I really needed a feel-good novel. I landed on Fannie Flagg's "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" - a wonderful soul-cleansing, heart-warming read well-deserving of early morning pillow time.

No comments: