Thursday, October 12, 2006

Feeling the load

I do believe my legs are a bit weary after last week's 81.5 miles and 46 miles so far this week. For the last three days there has been a decided lack of pep in the legs. I'm thinking it's not just the miles, though. Until this morning, breakfast had come no earlier than 10:30 a.m. so total food intake for the day has consisted of a late breakfast, maybe an afternoon snack, then a late dinner. Sleep hasn't been any great shakes either, getting to bed around 11 and waking up around 6. These are two areas that are definitely deserving of some new habits!

In the meantime, today was my last longish run before Sunday's Denver Marathon. I'm planning on running up to 9 miles total over the next two days then the marathon on Sunday - for another week of ~81 miles. I did have a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast today after an early morning run, am about to fix lunch, and am done running for the day so dinner (and bedtime) should be at a reasonable hour. 'Tis a good start on this change of nutrition and sleep habits campaign, I'd say!

Most remarkable thing about the day so far: I'm actually wearing slacks and a button down shirt - for the first time since retirement I do believe. After lunch I'm headed over to my husband's school to help at their book fair. La de dah!

No comments: