Sunday, October 22, 2006

New high mileage benchmark

My third consecutive 80+ mile week is in the books. Today's run brought this week's total to 83.5 miles. I did find my energy and excitement lacking by the end of the week and I had to give myself a big shove to get out the door this morning. But once out: ahhhh..... First, I decided to cobble together several loops into a new loop to add a bit of variety to my running life. And second, it was one gorgeous day out there - so gorgeous, I just kept going and going so that the 90 minutes I was trying so hard to talk myself into doing turned into just over 2 hours.

A sampling of today's run: smiling faces, sweating brows, runners in shorts, runners in rustly pants, runners in t-shirts, runners in sweatshirts, walkers, toddlers, old folks resting on benches, old folks saying yum yum yum as they gave their dog a treat, big dogs, little dogs, prairie dogs, coyotes, cows, horses, harrier hawks, red-tail hawks, bird houses made out of everything from teapots to hiking boots, golden leaves, amber grasses, cactus, snow-capped peaks, mud, a flying tomato. All this and I was never more than 4 miles from home. Running in Boulder is mighty fine.

No comments: