Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Getting out the door

The miles just may be catching up to me. I did some major dilly dallying this morning whilst fully dressed for my run. (Picture me, in full running regalia, cleaning the bathroom...something's very wrong with that picture, me being the non-housekeeper that I am...) But out the door I did finally go and into quite a lovely morning. I was none too lively on the run, and had to keep telling myself to "stick with the plan" (a 10 mile hill loop that has been in my repertoire for 20-some years) as I passed by trailheads and cutoffs. I also had to call myself back to reality on a number of occasions as I was mesmerized by the view of thick clouds hovering just above frosted pines, with occasional glimpses of the gray tops of the flatirons poking through. Now the run is done, the miles are logged, the day is warming, and I've finished baking the second batch of goodies for my husband's school library book fair and story hour with the CU Buffs. It was a slow start, but we're rolling now!

No comments: