Friday, October 13, 2006

Marathon Non-Frenzy

I'm running the Denver Marathon on Sunday. I haven't checked the weather forecast; I don't know the course; I haven't stewed about my pre-race meals. Am I really running a marathon on Sunday?

What I have done is:
- monitor my mileage pretty closely this week so I don't go much over 80 miles by the time I cross the finish line on Sunday.
- planned out tomorrow's run so I'll be meeting up with my Saturday running buddies (the 'satboys') for an easy run on the flat and soft South Boulder Creek trail followed by breakfast.
- picked up my bib at the expo today. Now that was a surprise. I have bib number 101. Is that cool or what?! With a number like that I'm going to have to keep reminding myself that this is just a training run. yep yep

No comments: